A fire ripped though a central valley home Tuesday night, melting almost everything in sight. Everyone inside the home survived, but one neighbor's actions during the fire got the attention of firefighters.

Fire crews said they believed the fire started in the garage. Family members told investigators that they parked the car in the garage, went inside the house and suddenly heard a loud boom.

There were two people inside the home near Charleston and Decatur at the time of the fire: a woman and her elderly father. The woman got out and thought her father was still trapped inside.

Story Continues Below

“The neighbor tried to get her father because she almost passed out,” another neighbor, Zoa Varela said. “She told the neighbor 'Go and get my dad,' so the neighbor went to get the dad.”

[RELATED: LVFR: 1 injured, 2 displaced in central Las Vegas house fire]

Fire officials said the home owner's father was already outside the home. As a result of reentering the home, the neighbor suffered non-life threatening burns.

Firefighters warned people to take this as an example and not to go inside of burning buildings. They added it would be better to stay outside and direct firefighters where to go if they believe someone is trapped inside.

Fire officials were still looking into the root cause of the fire, but found a large amount of gasoline in the garage.

Copyright 2018 KVVU (KVVU Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.